CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pictures of our new home

Home Sweet Home!
These are some pictures of our new home as requested by my mom. I promised her these when we first moved in. Thanks for being patient!
A quick side note: the lawn looks nice and green right? Well, all it is is a bunch of weeds with a few patches of grass. For new homes here, they seed the lawn and then cover it with hay. So, grass begins to grow, but so do tons of weeds. Quickly the weeds take over and the grass patches get devouvered by the fast growing weeds! We don't water the lawn, becuase it would only fuel the growth of the weeds! We will have to wait until fall to overseed and kill out the weeds, so in the meantime we just mow them down as they grow. No one seems to mind around here, because that is what most people do! We all go outside and mow the weeds!



1.*Front View-moving day! 2*Pond next to the house:
we often see turtles and hear frogs!
One day a turtle was in our yard and
we carried it into our backyard for the
kids to watch. It wandered around and
made its way back down to the pond,
under the fence!


1*Close up of the bricks 2*Front door!
and one of the shutters




1*Backyard! 2*Back view of the house
The dirt out here is red clay
that is what the orange/red stuff is
on the foundation.

1*Living room-main level 2*Front room-right inside
front door


1*Dining room 2 *Kitchen



* One of my favorite places
in the whole house! Our jetted
tub in the master bath!

9 comments:

Janalyn and Rob said...

Glad you posted pics! I really like the window above the front door and the wood floors. Looks great!

Marina said...

LOL...I couldn't help but laugh about the weeds...truly a problem on the east coast. You have to treat your lawn with weed prevention (not weed killer--there's a difference), but only in early spring before the weeds grow. It helps tremendously! Also fertilize...and before you know it, your yard will be nothing but plush grass, and be GORGEOUS!!! Btw, your home looks beautiful. Miss y'all!!!

chris said...

Cute home! so glad you all are getting settled. Good luck with school, Jason.

Tiff said...

I love the house. I'm so glad you guys got settled. Court our blog isn't private it's brianandtiffanyallred.blogspot.com
I'm glad all is well. Keep in touch.

April said...

Love your house!

Tiff Rudd said...

What a beautiful home! So glad you guys are here and settled! Hope you are enjoying TN so far!

Crystal Copeland said...

You've really pulled your house together! It looks soooo nice! I love your description of Tennessee......haha. Very true about all of it. The Walmart line thing drives me NUTS, and I am used to living here in the south, but I will never get used to that.

Tara said...

Hi Pickup family! How are you? I saw your blog listed on the Cowley's so I thought I'd drop by to say hi! That's awesome you live in Knoxville. That's where Rusty served his mission. I wonder if you would know any of the same people....
Your house is so cute, I envy your BIG backyard. And your kiddos are adorable! Isn't Macee still supposed to be a baby?
If you ever want to drop by, our blog is www.tararustyhallejosh.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Courtney, everything looks great! What a beautiful home. I showed Kris and he is so happy for you guys. I'm sorry I haven't called you back, I got busy and then forgot about it! I'm on vacation at my sister's right now but I'll give you a call when we get back. We miss you!

And little Miss Macee is so cute on her first day of school! Tell her hello from me and that I'm including a little something for her in that package!