CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer nights in the south




Lightning Bugs!



*This is a lightning bug by day. Just your average looking bug, but it has magical powers!*
I guess it has been close to a month ago that we saw our very first lightening bug. No joke! We truly have never seen real life lightning bugs...and it was AMAZING! We were at our friends house when we first laid eyes on the miraculous little bugs. Jarom and Laura could not believe it was our first time seeing them. Jason and I were all in awe. I'm sure it is what people must feel when they see snow for the first time! Amazing! Anyway, ever since we have been hooked and intrigued with them. Every night we watch with wonder and anticipation of seeing a small flicker of light flash through the night sky.

Tonight we laid on our trampoline and enjoyed the colors of the sunset, watched for the first stars to appear, and saw our favorite southern friends dance around us! It's what summer is all about. Jason and I had so much fun with the kids! We got pillows and blankets out-Macee's idea. She was trying to convince us to sleep outside all night! They do sweet little things that make us smile and laugh. They really are so much fun.
*These are ligtning bugs by night! This is what they look like when they are flying around lit up!
We have never seen this many all at once though!*

2 comments:

April said...

Oooo...I miss lightening bugs. As a child I used to catch them in jars and watch them light up for a while and then let them go. So fun! I miss that.

apron girls said...

I definitely miss home (Cincinnati). I remember catching those lightening bugs and I remember green grass, backyards, BRICK HOUSES (I really miss that), and trees with orange, red, and yellow leaves. Hope you guys are having fun.